Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) is to assess the impacts of development on the transport network and identify reasonable solutions, applicable to the Tasmanian experience, to address these impacts. This Framework is intended to improve the manner in which traffic forecasts for new developments are presented and assessed to:
- assist all parties to understand the traffic effects of a development;
- give accurate predictions of the traffic impacts of proposed developments;
- ensure more information is available to interested parties;
- get consistency in the format of TIA’s submitted to planning and road authorities;
- improve the quality of submissions prepared by developers;
- provide greater consistency in the requirements imposed on developers.